As a LiDAR Systems Engineer, you will be leading and participating in new and ongoing mobile mapping projects. You will be in charge of LiDAR system operations, data acquisition, data processing and analysis. You take pride in your work and strive constantly to improve and optimize mobile mapping product and service solutions, working with mobile mapping and R&D teams. You view communications and dashboards as necessities for successful projects and happy stakeholders. As a technophile, you are inherently curious and open to new and developing technologies.
- M.S. or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Mathematics, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline
- 5 – 10 years of experience in operation and development of Mobile Mapping Systems or LiDAR Systems
- Experience working with geolocalisation data and products and mapping techniques.
- Experience with CAD software, system and workflow/data integration development software (e.g. FME)
- Strong background in mathematics, geography/cartography, electrical systems and data analysis
- Proficient in reading, writing and speaking english
- You are organized, curious, creative and motivated. You know how to lead projects, love problem-solving and have a team spirit.
- Occasional lifting of heavy equipment/instrumentation will be required.
- Background and/or experience in robotics and autonomous navigation would be a plus
- Experience with programming languages (vba, python) is a plus.
- Experience with software prototyping (e.g. Labview)